The Solent from Lymington
Headed to Lymington on the bus today for a walk and a spot of watching the birds. The whole day was characterised by the north westerly wind which brought rain and hail and then just as quickly pushed them over to the Isle of Wight.
I sat on a bench facing the Solent and the Island and spotted curlews and oystercatchers before being pelted with hail, protected only by my rather flimsy umbrella. The thick black clouds then moved across the water and the sun came out lending the water a milky colour. This happened twice again before I headed back into town past the salt water baths and the crinkle-crankle walls. Who could fail to love Lymington?
- koarlyis likes this
- mamababezy reblogged this from commonorgarden
- mamababezy likes this
- brushstrokesandshutterclicks said: this happened to me a few weeks ago at Llanddwyn Island - the milky sea. Always looks stunning. :-)
- brushstrokesandshutterclicks likes this
- contrailkaryotype likes this
- wesleythem likes this
- lonepilgrim likes this
- sophisticated-boom-boom likes this
- cardiactheatre likes this
- bagginds likes this
- freakism likes this
- commonorgarden posted this